Dianne Emerson created the first online forum for victims of psychopaths over 18 years ago. Over the years several books have been written using “composite” characters to describe psychopaths. The general public and the media report stories about “stranger danger” when in reality a psychopath in your life is likely to damage more lives than the most prolific serial killer.
We think of serial killers when we hear the word psychopath, but the vast majority are not in prison, but walking among us. Lacking a conscience, they leave a path of destruction and despair as they pass through life.
There is no doubt that there is at least one psychopath in your life. You may not even yet know it, as psychopaths are very charming and persuasive. Your partner, your coworker, your boss, your neighbor – any one of them may be a psychopath. Psychopaths pursue their chosen victims with smooth talk and allure until they have total control.
Perhaps you already suspect something wrong in your relationship. What can you do? Knowledge is power, so learn to recognize the behaviors and the tricks that psychopaths use to manipulate their prey. Will you recognize the mind games? Learn about “gaslighting” and the “victim card.” Learn not to trust what seems too good to be true. It probably isn’t.
“You will have a glimpse into the mind of the everyday psychopath, the one for whom you may work, the one whom you may run into in the grocery store or at the gym, or possibly the one with whom you live.”
— Dianne Emerson
- Psychopaths: Let’s Chat
- Psychopaths: Who ARE They
- Interviewing Psychopaths- They Said WHAT
- Characteristics of a Psychopath
- What Is A Psychopath
- Married to TWO Psychopaths
- Psychopaths as Children
- Motives of a Psychothpaths
- Side-Effects of Living with a Psychopath: PTSD
- How People Get Involved with a Psychopath Part 1
- How People Get Involved with a Psychopath Part 2
- Gaslighting and Psychopaths
- Gaslighting and Psychopaths Part 2
- Gaslighting and Psychopaths Part 3
- Gaslighting and Psychopaths Part 4
- Gaslighting at Work Part 5
- Interview with a Father of a Psychopathic Child – Part 1
- Father of a Psychopathic Child – Part 2
- Father of a Psychopathic Child – Part 3
- Father of a Psychopathic Child – Part 4
- Father of a Psychopathic Child – Part 5
- Father of a Psychopathic Child – Part 6
- Father of a Psychopathic Child – Part 7